Policy Number: 6010
Date Issued: June 2022
Authority: Chief Operating Officer
The purpose of this document is to provide the Baldrige Foundation (the Organization, we, us, our) policy on donor privacy.
This is the original document.
6010.3 Significant Changes
This Policy applies to our current and prospective Employees, Volunteers, others who hold themselves out to be working for, or in conjunction with, the Organization (our Representatives), and our Participants. This policy explains our practices for collecting, disclosing, and protecting the personal information of our donors received through our websites, the phone, email, mail, and/or any other medium. By submitting information to THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION or to any of its staff or volunteers, you consent to the terms and conditions of this policy.
- The Baldrige Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and does not collect information about them, other than as described below.
- What constitutes personal information? “Donor personal information” is any information that identifies donors - such as their names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email
- the Baldrige Foundation collects donor information in the following ways:
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may collect donors’ names, mailing addresses and email addresses in response to inquiries from donors submitted on the websites, in person, by phone or email.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may collect donors’ names, mailing addresses, email addresses and other contact information if they register for an event THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION organizes.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may collect donors’ names, email addresses, telephone numbers, information, and billing addresses when donors contribute on THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION website, through social media or other applications, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION uses donor information in the following ways:
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may use donor personal information to analyze overall giving patterns, make more accurate budget projections, understand donors’ interests in our mission, and update donors on the organization’s plans and This information is shared on a confidential and need-to-know basis with staff, board members, volunteers, and consultants of THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will use donor personal information, when necessary, to comply with the law (such as Internal Revenue Service requirements), when acting in good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal processes required of THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may also use donor personal information to protect and defend THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION rights.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may use donor personal information to act in urgent circumstances such as a security or medical emergency during donors’ international travel with THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION - to protect the personal safety of the donors and others.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will use donor personal information to protect against potential fraud. For example, THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may verify with third parties the information collected while processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If a donor uses a credit or debit card on THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION website, THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that the card information and address matches the information that was supplied to THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- Sharing Donor Personal Information and Protecting Donor Privacy:
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will never rent, trade, or sell donors’ e-mail addresses with any other organization.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may on occasion share donors’ names and mailing addresses with its service providers who provide donor research services or mailing services while maintaining donor confidentiality.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION does not otherwise disclose donor personal information to any third parties.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION donors have the right to remain anonymous.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will strictly honor all donor requests for anonymity.
- THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION donors have the right, upon request, to promptly review any donor personal information that THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION has collected about them.
Individual donors who prefer not to receive information from THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION may opt-out of specific or all correspondence with THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION at any time by contacting THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION at firstname.lastname@example.org
or sending a letter to the address listed in paragraph 6010.8 below.
6010.7 Policy Revision
THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will periodically review and update this policy. THE BALDRIGE FOUNDATION will prominently post the current version of this policy on its organizational website.
6010.8 Contact Us
1717 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 1025